Prosper, or die.
Far above the highest mountain peaks, a new power has arisen. In secrecy they have grown strong, developing new technology and weapons of war. Guided by their Code, the Kharadron Overlords have sent forth their sky-fleets, commanding to return with riches, or not at all…
Battletome: Kharadron Overlords introduces a new duardin army into the worlds of Warhammer Age of Sigmar. A militaristic, mercantile society detached completely from the other branches of duardin that populate the Mortal Realms, they treat war and trade as much the same thing – a means to amass wealth; and they excel at both. More than anything, they seek aether-gold – this lighter-than-air element is their society’s lifeblood, holding their cities aloft, fueling their ships and powering their elaborate armour. Great sky-fleets of warships descend from dozens of sky-ports when a rich seam is discovered; the Kharadron Overlords will fight bitterly to accrue this vital substance, and the status it brings.
In the 144-page softback Battletome: Kharadron Overlords, you’ll find:
- A detailed explanation of the Kharadron Overlords – how their floating cities, the sky-ports, are powered and populated, their motivations for acquiring aether-gold and their use of the Kharadron Code;
- Information on 6 of the most powerful and important sky-ports amongst the dozens – Barak-Mhornar, Barak-Zilfin, Barak-Thryng, Barak-Zon, Barak-Nar and Barak-Urbaz – explaining the differences in their attitudes toward life and the Code, with a map of locations;
- A timeline of Kharadron history – the exodus that formed them, the establishment of the unifying Kharadron Code and the discovery of aether-gold;
- Their economic system (complete with financial figures for the major sky-ports!), and the Guilds that keep this massive, vital chain of commerce moving;
- The core structure of a Kharadron sky-fleet: while each sky-port has its own quirks, each draws upon the same hierarchy when building a fleet;
- Uniform guides, heraldries and colour schemes for each of the 6 sky-ports detailed in the Battletome, with descriptions of the units and skyvessels each skyport fields.
- The Sky-Ports: each of the 6 named sky-ports in the Battletome have their own unique interpretation of the Kharadron Code, meaning their armies vary wildly in terms of play style – this includes unique Abilities and Artefacts of Power, and unique amendments to the included Warscroll Battalions:
- Barak-Nar armies are masters of science, and are adept at unbinding the spells of their enemies using aethermatics;
- Barak-Zilfin armies are the finest aeronautical sailors, whose units can move and dodge with unprecedented speed;
- Barak-Zon armies seek glory in valour, and rarely shy away from a fight, charging in and attacking with gusto;
- Barak-Urbaz armies are alchemical geniuses, with a higher capacity for artefacts of power;
- Barak-Mhornar armies are indefatigable opportunists, striking suddenly from unexpected quarters;
- Barak-Thryng armies hold unbreakable grudges, and will fight to the death until scores are settled;
- Allegiance Abilities, Command Traits and Battle Traits for armies who belong to sky-ports other than the 6 named in the book – combine Artycles, Amendments and Footnotes to assemble your own interpretation of the Kharadron Code;
- Artefacts of Power: Great Endrinworks to be assigned to any Kharadron Skyvessel with Aethermatic Weapons and Treasures of the Sky-Ports for Kharadron heroes;
- 5 Battleplans: fight battles that epitomise the Kharadron Overlords’ way of war, with unique rules for each;
- 5 Warscroll Battalions, providing extra rules and special tactics for collections of miniatures;
- 12 Warscrolls, containing the rules for your Kharadron Overlord miniatures;
- Pitched Battle profiles with points values for every miniature and Warscroll Battalion;
- A guide to a Path to Glory campaign – create a warband to fight alongside a Hero, and gain favour throughout a series of battles, gaining followers, swelling the ranks and earning rewards, eventually cementing the warband’s place in history.
This is the softback edition.
Only ships within the EU.
£40.00 GBP £36.00 GBP - Sold Out
Everything players need to quickly set up and run multi-player Warhammer Age of Sigmar campaign...
£6.00 GBP - Sold Out
Lying forgotten in the Desert of Bones, the ruins of the spectacular ancient city Shadespire...
£50.00 GBP £45.00 GBP
It is a time of madness and horror. The Mortal Realms writhe in the grip...
£25.00 GBP £22.50 GBP
All fear the coming of the Blades of Khorne. The air is rent with bloodcurdling...